Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

I first want to start off by saying that I wouldn't be a photographer, there would be no such thing as Silverleaf Photography and there would not be this blog if it weren't for my dad. He's the one who got me interested in photography. I take after him in a big way when it comes to being a bit obsessed with photos.
When I lived in Indianapolis, my dad was my second shooter for weddings. It was so fun getting to spend the day with him shooting pictures!

This first picture was taken when I was in high school (before digital cameras) I was out west with my family. My dad and I were taking pictures of a waterfall. He was teaching me how keep the shutter open longer so the water looked smooth and also how to make the shutter faster to freeze the water droplets in time.
'align=


Here we are a couple weeks ago in Asheville, NC taking pictures of the Biltmore Estate. Can you say, like father like daughter? Monkey see monkey do.
'align=

Well, I'm off to go out to dinner with my mom's side of the family. Hope everyone is having a great Father's Day!

No comments:

Followers