Saturday, March 19, 2011

Workouts

Now that my honeymoon is booked I have a lot of motivation to start working out. Also the weather getting warmer and warmer is a good motivator too. Last summer I worked out a ton because I was trying to get in shape for my wedding. There were two workouts I found worked really well for me and I want to share these with the blog world (and any of my brides trying to get in shape)

30 Day shred by Jillian Michaels. Buy it here.

This is a great (quick) workout. I get really bored with long workouts (and I don't have a lot of time). This video goes by so fast the workout is over before you know it. Its 20 minutes and very affective. It works so many muscles and gets you sweaty and tired. Not to mention sore the next couple days. I also feel its very motivating. The things Jillian says aren't annoying (like a lot of videos) and makes you want to work harder.

I started this video a little while back (I've done 6 out of 30 days). My goal is to finish it as close to 30 days as possible (I may miss a day or two extending the deadline) but I'm okay with that.

After I'm done with the 30 day shred. I want to start up the Couch to 5K again. I got about half way through last summer before school started and it stopped.

You can find the workout plan here for free!

I'm the first to say that I AM NOT A RUNNER! Every time I would look at the next week and say, there's no way I'm going to be able to do that. Then, I got out there and did it. It builds you up very slowly and it works. Its also about 20-30 minutes minutes (3x a week) so it doesn't take up much time either. I may even try to find an actual 5K to run in after its over. There's a facebook group you can also join.

One other motivator that I found that helped me keep all this up last year was a friend. My friend Lizzie and I kept a google calendar of our workouts. (we live in different parts of the county so we couldn't work out together) It gave us accountability. We made a goal (to work out 5 days a week) and recorded what we did on the calendar. There were several days where I didn't feel like working out, I'd go on the calendar and see that she worked out and it would make me do it too. Currently I'm not sharing a calendar with anyone so if you are reading this post and would like to do it let me know. It really helps! We would record everything. Even if all we did that day was go for a walk or do 50 crunches. I think I even recorded digging up the garden and other yard work.

By the way, this is my 100th blog post!

No comments:

Followers