Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Fiat

A year and a half ago, I was packing up my house in Indy to come here to North Carolina. Matt flew to Wisconsin to pick a few things up, rent a truck and haul a car down he kept talking about. Matt pulled up in the huge moving truck in front of our Indiana home. I looked out the window and said what the hell is that!? Behind the truck was this car that looked like it had been pulled out of a fire. It was the ugliest car I have ever seen. Then and there, I was like "oh boy".

Here are some "before" pictures:

'align=



'align=




'align=



Fast forward a year and a half and I walk out into our garage and seriously this is one of the coolest cars I've ever seen. And its even cooler because my husband put it all together by hand. He had it painted and the windshield put in by someone else and a few friends would come and help him work on it. I even did a few small things every once and a while on it.

Here are the "after" pictures:


'align=




'align=



I'll have to say I was pretty skeptical about this whole thing and a big part of me didn't think it was going to get finished. You hear those stories about project cars being in garages for years and years.

Unfortunately the near completion of this car means that the gears are already turning in Matt's head to start on another car. He has in mind what he wants to do and I'll have to say once again, I'm a bit skeptical :P

No comments:

Followers