Saturday, March 12, 2011

Honeymoon

So we FINALLY booked our honeymoon. This is a big deal because there have been MANY times where I wasn't sure it would actually happen. We got married in September and talked about having our honeymoon at Christmas. Then we realized it would be twice as expensive to go during the holidays and we wouldn't be able to take as nice of a honeymoon. So then we had this crazy idea that we may just be able to go that week after the wedding. Well that got shot down right away by my brand-new principal that I hadn't even started working for yet. So then we decided on this summer. After many discussions about money and that it wasn't financially responsible to take a honeymoon right now, we did it anyway. My feeling is if we keep putting if off for whatever reason, it will never happen.

We found a great place that I am really excited about! Its definitely a dream honeymoon. It is an all-inclusive resort in Rivera Maya Mexico near Cancun. What's even better is that our resort is part of a complex of three resorts and the all-inclusiveness goes for all three. That gives us 20 restaurants, 3 big swimming pools (the beach), several bars and all kinds of things to choose from.

'align=

*This picture was taken from Orbitz

Matt and I have never been on a real vacation before together. We have only visited friends and met our families for short trips. This trip is long overdue and I've already started mentally packing. (its 5 months away) I've also started mentally getting in shape...meaning I'm thinking about working out but not actually doing it yet. I'm thinking this trip may be the last time I can wear a bikini so I definitely want to make sure my body is bikini appropriate ;) Today it was cold and rainy on the way home and I conveniently was thinking that I should start running after work (of course not today though because it was raining). Oh and I've been able to speak Spanish for years but have never been to Mexico...its somewhere I've always been meaning to go. Oh July, please hurry up and get here!

*I wrote this post a couple days ago and am just now publishing it. I have now worked out twice, so hopefully I'll keep going with that!

No comments:

Followers